Wednesday 11 February 2015

Lee Stafford Chopstick Styler Review + Demo



Lee Stafford CHoPstick STYLER 
Price: £19.99
Stockist: Argos 

Whilst Kim K goes from long and luscious to short and defined, I've been experimenting between straight and mega curly styled hair. For thin spiral, Afro-tastic curls I have found the most perfect styling tool that creates Foxy Cleopatra hair. Firstly, no matter how resistant your hair is to heated curling tools, this bad boy will guarantee you the big hair you've always wanted. There are no heat settings on this tool, just your bog standard on/off switch, however the temperature of this baby is quite high, so make sure to prep your hair with a decent heat protectant. The chopstick styler provides instant volume with it's stick thin, slightly squared wand- it really is a chopstick I guess? Depending on how small the sections you take are, the tighter the curl. By taking larger and thicker sections of hair you can create looser type curls. The only niggle with this wonder wand is that sometimes the wand itself, can almost stick to the hair making it quite difficult to unravel the curls.


My just below, should length hair curls in around 30 minutes; simply because I like to take smaller pieces. As you can see from the photographs below, I love creating a tighter curled look that contrasts with my waved everyday hair- it's fun and different! The different ways I like to wear this style is firstly, in a middle parting. It adds so much volume and makes my noticeably oblong shaped head, well less oblongy? For a quick but subtle change, I will often swoop my whole mop over to one side, with a side parting; this emphasises the curls, making them super wild. Finally, a style I like to wear that is slightly childish and reminiscent of Saved By The Bell days but nevertheless, still cute- the half up, half down look. This style is perfect for when your locks start to get a little greasier and is quick, cute and big! When curling my hair with this tool (which I've done a lot recently) it genuinely stays put for 2-3 days, and that's without hairspray!

What's your favourite styling tool at the moment?

3 comments:

  1. I've always been mesmerized by waves and curls because my hair is straight as a dead man. Your mane looks PERF.

    I don't really do anything to my hair (so I don't know much about styling tools) but I've been thinking of getting some kind of curling wand. My hair is pretty resistant to styling (just always wants to fall dead -__-) and I hate hair spray, but if this will keep it curled for a few days, WOW. That's so awesome! I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

    littlegrimoire.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I'm in love!! I have such thick hair this would take me forever to do, but this makes me want to buy this hair curler! Also, I followed you on bloglovin'. You have a great blog!
    xo, Lauren-lee

    www.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, I'm on the hunt for the perfect hair roller and just 20 pounds. I nominated you for the versatile bloggers award on my blog. x
    hadedeevahlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete