Friday 6 February 2015

Current Favourites | Jan 2015



Despite the freezing cold and bitchy antics of this year so far, I have come across some fabulous new-to-me products to share. If you are a permanent passenger on the beauty band wagon, then some of these may not come as a surprise- especially Benefit's Roller Lash, which has already surfaced the beauty blogging world like a tornado. But, if you're looking for some hot new products to either add to your kit, or to your personal makeup bag, this post is for you- or you might just be a makeup addict, like myself. My first favourite of the month not only screams for a premature Spring/ Summer, but contains fresh, floral notes that match it's super cute packaging. Marc Jacobs Daisy was very recently gifted to me and so far, so good. It has a very clean, floral scent that fills my surrounding air with some fresh scents and girly vibes. I'm usually more of Guerlain Insolence kind of gal, but something new and different seems to be satisfying my perfume palette- can't argue with that can I? The next product has quickly become my favourite drugstore concealer. It brightens my atrocious dark circles and ties together my whole look. The Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Eraser concealer undeniably has a very unhygienic applicator, but has trended the drugstore beauty department for a few years. I finally gave in to the hype and tried this little gem- now i'm hooked. It wears very lightly on the skin creating brightened, flawless under-eyes as well as a great base for any makeup look. The product itself is perfect for tote touch-ups and for a drugstore concealer, is actually very long-lasting with the help of a little setting powder. Another favourite, the MUA Eyeshadow in 'Fudge' is also a product I have been loving because 1) it's matte and 2) it's so versatile. I use this cheapo beauty buy under my eyes for a more dramatic under-eye highlight, as a bog standard highlight and as an eyeshadow. This shadow doesn't have outstanding pigmentation, but applies evenly and gives a really nice sheer, matte finish upon application plus it's £1- how can you beat that?

Now for an oldie, but a goodie. MAC Lip Conditioner in 'Pink Fish' is a limited edition product that released in 2008- a time that humoured my overpriced beauty addiction. I often forget I even own this product and in all honesty- it's one of the most moisturising lip products I have ever owned. It adds instant moisture to your smackers but also with a cheeky pink tint. A couple of other lip products I have really been enjoying is a combination of both KIKO Smart Lip Liner in '712' and YSL's Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 'Peach Passion'. This lip combo is a great alternative to the dark mauve/ brownish tones that have been popular throughout Winter, and really compliments clean, natural makeup. The consistency of the rouge volupte lipstick from YSL can only be described as heaven; the formula is beyond moisturising, pigmented and works well when applied with both fingers and brushes. To see what I think about the Kiko Lip Liners, click 'here'. Now for the grand finale, the piece de resistance- Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that ELLE magazine distributed samples of the exclusive mascara in this months issue. I luckily managed to get my hands on the £4 publication to only be amazed by the little sample that came with it. The wand of this product, grips to the eyelashes like a shark to bait; it perfectly curls them from the very root and lengthens so much, that my eyelashes actually tickle my brows. The formula isn't great in the volumising department but really does help to separate and extend each eyelash, making the eyes pop. As far as durability, this bad boy leaves you with fluttery and fabulous eyelashes all day.




What products have you been loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment